July 15, 2011

[Mommy's Day out - Part 2]

Due to crazy work schedules, i have not been able to complete my mommy's day out the last time i visited the delightful Dot. Luckily, she has been able to do another day out session for me, this time it includes something I've been wanting to try out for quite awhile now. All my friends have been raving about this amazing manicure treatment - yes! it's the Gelish manicure!! Dries hard as nails, it does not chip, does not peel, dries almost instantly after application, does not look fake (unlike plastic extended nails). It is almost too good to be true! Especially if you know how klutzy yours truly is, I have always steered clear of getting manicures done, as it seems such a waste of money to have it all nicely done up, then just after one modelmaking session in the office, or baking with the kids, the entire nail polish chips off or my nails get torn etc. You know the feeling - that of walking out feeling like a million dollars with perfect mani / pedi, just to have the nails blemished as soon as you do any activity more strenuous that typing on the keyboard! And having to live with the blemished nail until the next treatment which could be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month away! I really hated that, which was why I ended up not having any manicures done at all.... I spent a blissful 90min having a full mani/pedi and even a paraffin wax spa and witnessed the magic of the Gelish manicure - just 5 min under the LED light - poof! Baked to perfection. :)

True to it's word, I'm already at the end of the 1st week of my polish life span. Not a nary of a blemish anywhere to be seen! I'm soooo happy to have found this and thanks to Dot, it is a really cool way of looking like a million dollars (without actually having to pay that much!) Next time I'll try the French Manicure, but the Gelish version of course! So, if you're like me, super klutzy and can't get your regular manicure to last more than a day - you definately need to try this out! And the deal that is currently at Dot's is super worth-it (esp since these are Power Nails! haha... they last longer than the regular, so you def make your dollar streeeeetch!)

The blurb:
Gel nail manicure - $60 OR
6 gel nail manicures - $320 (Guinot Istitute Hydrademie OR "peel in, peel out" (U.P. $160) FREE!
Plus no extra charge for removal of existing gel polish (U.P. $30)


If you take away the cost of the facial, it works out to be really affordable at only $27 per manicure - (or $700 worth of treatments for only $320!) a really good deal if you ask me!

PLUS:
if you quote this blog, say "GraceKate", Dot will also throw in the following at HUGELY discounted rates:
1. Hydradermie treatment - $68 (U.P. $160)

2. Gel Manicure - $28 (U.P. $60)

3. Dolly Lash Perm - $28 (U.P. $60)


So, yup! I believe that we mummies should treat ourselves once in awhile, and what better way than to take a mummy day out and pamper yourself with any of the above.
This is what it looks like in liquid form - mine had a little bit of glitter in itOther stuff - top coat etc....
I've also started to get back to pottery making! What a delight that the manicures were so tough and can withstand all that clay work :)
My lovely nails - and a very grubby table! hah!
Dot also has a large range of Chanel colours - yummy ones for pedicures - which don't really chip off so easily so we didn't do a Gelish colour on them.
Little known fact - Do you know that most of the OPI carrying salons in Singapore are not approved? I didn't, and also didn't know that you could even have FAKE nailpolish!
And yes, Dot's on the list!


And yes, i did promise to update on my attempt at being a grownup - well at least where the whole beauty regime is concerned.... :) So, I went back to Dot for my followup Guinot facial. I must say that overall, i definately felt that my face texture and skin is a lot less dry, and when makeup is applied, it went on more evenly and was absorbed better. Hopefully this means that i'll be able to age as gracefully as Audrey Hepburn.... haha. I'm now fully converted to maintaining a proper skincare regime - wash, tone, moisturize - repeat after me!!

Now, next on my list of "me" upgrades - looking properly at the food we eat and coming up with a more or less healthy diet!! (especially after watching Food Inc, which has TOTALLY put me off fast food for life!!!)

No comments: